Best Coffee Beans For Latte

Let’s face it folks; unless you’re an espresso enthusiast and coffee aficionado like myself, it can be a bit tough to tell the subtle differences between drinks like mocha, cappuccino and latte. That’s why most people prefer to leave it to the coffee shop experts and their secret recipes. No more!

From today, we’ll be debunking and uncovering what it takes to make the perfect cup of piping hot coffee – and we’re starting with the “controversial” latte.

Introducing what is probably the creamiest caffeinate drink of all, the latte is actually short for caffe latte which means milk coffee in Italian. Due to its sweet and mellow flavour, it’s become quite popular drink in the UK and all over the world too.

Ideally, a latte comprises of a shot of espresso covered with two-thirds steamed milk and a layer of milk foam to top off the drink. Depending on your preference, you can skip the foam for a Flat White or up the number of espresso shots for a caffeine amperage.

But as any experienced barista will tell you, the secret to making the perfect latte lies in the beans. So, what exactly does it to get the best coffee beans for latte drinks?

Well, I always say that it’s tastier and more fun to try a wide range of coffees to see what your taste buds prefer most. However, my thousands of barista man hours behind expensive coffee machines have shown me that medium dark roast beans are a better complement to milky drinks.

These medium roasts bring out more toffee, caramel, chocolate and nut-tasting notes that combine perfectly with steamed milk to make the ideal latte. But why stop there?

We’ve gone the extra step and consulted big brand coffee names and latte lovers worldwide to bring you nothing but the best. Here are 3 of the most recommended best coffee beans for lattes.

Top 3 best coffee beans for latte reviewed

1. Grind House Santos Espresso Coffee Beans

Introducing what is hands down the most popular and high-quality coffee beans in the UK, the Grind House Santos Espresso Coffee Beans are unrivalled when it comes to brewing a latte. These hand packed beans come freshly roasted with a medium tone that is not only perfect for lattes, but also for cappuccinos and everyone’s favourite espresso.

The Santos beans form Grind House comprises of a vibrant and energetic blend of 80% Brazil Santos and Indian Cherry Robusta for the remaining 20%. The end result is a full-bodied crop with low acidity and a blend of chocolate and nutty flavours. Combine all that with the bean’s high crema ability and you have one heck of a rich, creamy latte.

What I like about them:

  • Incredibly high-quality coffee beans.
  • Above average creaming ability for richer lattes.
  • Versatile and potent flavours.

2. Puccini Coffee Beans

If you’re all about a strong and caffeine amping lattes, then what you need is a premium, dark roast to give you your daily fix. The Puccini Coffee Beans are precisely what you need to blend an exceptional cup of piping hot, milky latte.

This particular blend packs an entire Kg of extra fine espresso beans into a neat and attractive package. In addition to being dark roast, the coffee beans also carry a fantastic aroma and a flavour that can only be tasted with smooth, steamed milk. But that’s not the best part; the package makes approximately 100 cups of coffee which means more value for your money. What’s more, the beans are wet processed only, i.e. mycotoxins free and with a rounder taste.

What I like about them:

  • Premium, Italian quality blend.
  • Comes in a 1Kg value pack that makes 100 cups.
  • Coffee beans are wet processed only.

3. Rave Coffee Signature Blend Award Winning Coffee Beans

If you’ve never heard about Rave, here’s what you need to know. The company only uses the highest quality crops from some of the world’s best coffee farms for a sustainable and cost-effective approach. That’s why Rave is without question the coffee lover’s budget choice. The Rave Coffee Signature Blend Fresh Roasted Coffee Beans are indeed award winning in many ways.

Packed with an entire Kg of award-winning Arabica coffee beans, this blend boasts of a medium roasted strength of three. Rave promises latte lovers in the UK a great all-rounder that will satisfy your latte needs no matter how you brew it. When brewed with milk, you can’t miss the distinct, smooth and full bodied flavour with chocolate and caramel undertones and quite the enchanting, lingering aftertaste.

What I like about them:

  • One of the most affordable coffee brands.
  • Award winning blend with nationwide recognition.
  • Well-rounded blend with delicious tones and pleasant aftertaste.

Leave a Reply