If you’re an avid fan of brewing loose leaf tea (and who in their right mind wouldn’t be), no doubt you will appreciate the convenience and utility of using a stump teapot. With its compact design and shorter spout, the stump teapot is often viewed as a modern “twist” on its traditional counterpart, but it’s not just about looks – this teapot is also one of the most functionally sound brewing devices you can use to enjoy loose leaf tea.
The main reason why is that stump teapots contain a built-in tea infuser that is attached to the pot itself, enabling you to put the tea of your choice directly into the infuser. Once that is done, all you have to do is wait for your tea to brew, and you can begin enjoying a fresh cup of tea that is not only easy to make, but also easy to pour due to the stump teapot’s clever design.
With stump teapots continuing to increase in popularity within the tea-drinking community, there are easily dozens of different brands to choose from, but which ones are the best? Well, after many hours of research and testing, we have narrowed the field down to five top contenders. Below are the five best stump teapots on the market right now.
Table of Contents
- 1 Best stump teapot reviews
- 2 Buying guide / Key considerations
- 3 Frequently asked questions
Best stump teapot reviews
1. Forlife Stump Teapot
If you’re familiar at all with stump teapots, you will probably immediately recognize the name “Forlife”, as they’re basically synonymous with excellent teaware. This porcelain stump teapot comes in a wide variety of vibrant, eye-catching colours, and it pours flawlessly for a no-fuss cuppa whenever you see fit. The infuser within the teapot is so finely constructed that even the smallest tea leaves stay put, and it pours wonderfully due to its user-friendly design. The cool thing about the Forlife stump teapot is that the infuser is removable, so even if you don’t get on with loose leaf tea, you can still use this pot with teabags.
- Pours beautifully
- Wide array of available colours
- It’s stackable (just brilliant)!
2. Suki Loose Leaf Teapot
This elegant stump teapot is perfect for brewing loose leaf teas of all kinds, from Oolong to Rooibos and everything in between. The infuser inside the pot is comprised of an extra-fine 0.3mm mesh, which means that you won’t have to worry about unwanted debris from tea leaves sneaking out into the final product. Since the infuser is removable, you can also use this teapot with teabags if you so choose. Like the Forlife, the Suki stump teapot features a stackable design, which makes it perfect not only for owning and storing multiple pots for home use, but also for commercial settings (e.g., tea rooms, bars, cafes, restaurants, etc.).
- Ultra-fine mesh infuser
- Stackable for easy storage
- Does not drip when pouring
3. Drago Ceramic Teapot with Stainless Steel Lid
Beautifully designed and functionally beyond reproach, the Drago stump teapot has everything you need to brew the perfect pot of loose leaf tea. Its super-fine stainless steel filter is wonderfully adept at keeping even the tiniest of leaves out of the pot, so whether you’re brewing an extra-fine Japanese green tea or a larger, more robust loose leaf Oolong tea, you won’t have to worry about the quality or consistency of the finished product. The Drago stump teapot has a rounded, bell-shaped bottom and a flat lid that offers an ultra-snug fit, and its handle provides an elegant sense of balance that makes the teapot feel very comfortable in your hand.
- Short spout provides no-drip pouring
- Perfectly stackable design
- Comprised of BPA-free, lead-free, plastic-free, high-fired ceramic
4. Daze Ceramic Teapot with Stainless Steel Lid
The Daze stump teapot offers a beautifully modern look along with exceptional performance. It features an extra-fine stainless steel infuser, which means that you won’t have to worry about those loose tea leaves accidentally migrating into your drink. Should you happen to fancy a cup of tea using regular teabags, that will be no problem with the Daze–simply remove the inner basket and off you go. The Daze features a 700ml capacity, so it’s big enough to accommodate roughly two mugs of tea.
- Elegant and attractive design
- Extra-fine stainless steel infuser offers debris-free tea
- Generous capacity (700ml)
- No-drip spout offers dribble-free pouring
5. La Cafetiere Barcelona Pistachio Teapot
This stylish and petite stump teapot is the perfect choice for single-serving tea. The built-in infuser is cleverly designed to suit both loose leaf tea and teabags, which means that it can accommodate a wide range of versatile tea choices, from fruity or herbal teas to traditional English tea. While its pistachio colour is a highly popular pick, the La Cafetiere Barcelona also comes in red, cool grey and retro blue colours as well. With a smart design and 450ml capacity, this little teapot is just the right size to provide you one cup (and possibly a bit more) of tea, and it doesn’t dribble when pouring.
- Stylish design
- Stainless steel infuser and lid
- No-drip pouring
- Perfect for single servings of tea
Buying guide / Key considerations
While choosing a good stump teapot is obviously not as complicated as brain surgery, it still requires the consideration of a few key details before you “pull the trigger” on your purchase. Below are some of the main features and characteristics to consider when buying a stump teapot, along with a few frequently asked questions for additional clarity.
- Infuser – Be sure to look for a stump teapot that has an infuser with an extra-fine steel mesh. This is of utmost importance, as you don’t want various debris from the tea leaves breaking loose and making their way into your water. In addition, the infuser should be removable, as this will give you the freedom to choose loose leaf tea on one day, and possibly tea bags on another.
- Ergonomics – Why choose a teapot that doesn’t even feel balanced in your hand when you try to pour from it? If you’re a hardcore tea drinker, you’re going to be using this teapot all the time, so you want to make sure that the stump teapot you choose has a well-leveraged handle that makes pouring a breeze.
- Pouring efficiency – Speaking of pouring, the ideal stump teapot should offer drip-free pouring–no compromise on this one! Nobody wants a dripping, dribbly teapot that always leaves a mess behind. Make sure that the teapot you’re considering can pour tea with ease, and without drips of any kind.
- Tight lid – The lid to your teapot should fit nice and snug, so that you won’t have any nasty surprises when you start pouring. This is an often-overlooked detail that should actually be a make-or-break factor.
Frequently asked questions
Q: How can you determine if an infuser is “extra-fine” or not?
A: An infuser is extra-fine if it offers a strainer that has filtration holes in the 0.2mm – 0.3mm range. The manufacturer typically provides these measurements in the product description for your convenience.
Q: Can stump teapots be used in a microwave oven?
A: Stump teapots should not be used in a microwave oven or on a stove top, nor should they be placed over an open flame. They are, however, dishwasher-safe.
Q: How long does it usually take to brew tea in a stump teapot?
A: For most loose leaf teas, it will typically take between 3 to 5 minutes.
So there you have it – our top five picks for the best stump teapots on the market. May your next tea time be your best one yet!